Designation and Experience:
I am a Registered Psychologist with a Master of Counselling degree. I integrate a variety of techniques and theoretical orientations in my work and am always seeking to learn about new and innovative ways of approaching therapy. I have received specialized training and developed skills in the following areas:
- Family therapy
- Couple’s counselling
- Individual counselling for adults and children aged 12+
- Group therapy
- EMDR therapy
- Psychoeducational assessments
- Legal assessments (to determine emotional and/or academic impact following injury)
- Teaching (family therapy and counselling skills courses, university level)
- Mental health strategy and program development
Accordingly, I work with a broad set of issues and concerns. These are some areas of specialty within my practice:
- Supporting parents and families with adolescents who are struggling with some aspect of their development or wellbeing
- Working with families to navigate the transition to separation or divorce and to develop positive co-parenting dynamics
- Improving communication and interpersonal relationships
- Depression, anxiety, ADHD
- Grief and loss or emotional trauma from past experiences
- Relationship with food, body image, and health behaviours (for persons living with obesity and related physical health issues)
- Existential and spiritual concerns (I offer faith-based counselling from a pan-spiritual perspective)
What inspires you?
Therapy, for me is a deep passion. I truly believe anyone can benefit from therapy; it is not a fringe activity for people who suffer from mental health disorders. Therapy is a creative process that can take many different forms depending on a family’s or individual’s goals and needs.
What are your proudest accomplishments?
I suppose I take some pride in my capacity for change. Growth and development, in my view, is a lifelong journey. I have managed to adapt to various changes in circumstances, new settings and challenges and despite difficulties along the way.
What are your hobbies and interests?
I love many outdoorsy and artistic pursuits. Snowboarding, gardening and travel are some of my favourites. Being in nature, reading, and spending time with friends and family are things I enjoy.
Why do you think people should choose Eckert Centre?
I believe the staff at Eckert Centre are knowledgeable, well-trained and professional. Eckert Centre offers a variety of services, some of which are fairly unique within Calgary. I find the team here genuine, caring, and collaborative.